|HOME | STATS | PUBLICATIONS | REGISTER | ADVERTISE | ARCHIVE | ABOUT US | CONTACT US|
Allstate signals changes in African-American marketing with job posting
(June 1, 2012) According to a recently posted position, The Allstate Insurance Company, based in Northbrook, Illinois, is looking for a Multicultural Manager for the African American segment. Responsibilities include leading the African American marketing strategy and planning and executing all consumer communications targeting African American consumers. The new hire may signal a new strategy in the insurer's plan for targeting Black consumers.
The manager will work with Allstate's Multicultural Marketing team, which is responsible for driving profitable growth among key Multicultural segments, including Hispanic Americans, African Americans, Asian Americans and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered (LGBT) adults. The team plans and executes marketing and consumer communications and sponsorship programs, working collaboratively with Marketing partners and Advertising/Media agency partners.
According to figures from Nielsen's AdViews, Allstate spent $16.6 million last year in advertising to African-American targeted media. In the past it has worked with the Burrell Communications and Carol H. Williams ad agencies.
African-Americans spent more than $22 billion in insurance, according to the Target Market News' "Buying Power of Black America" report.
Specific responsibilities for the Multicultural Marketing Manager will include:
• Develop new marketing strategies and find business opportunities for driving profitable growth among the African American segment;
• Manage strategic development, approval and execution of all African American targeted integrated marketing communications; primary responsibilities will be for communication strategy and advertising development;
• Lead cross-functional teams for key African American sponsorships and promotional programs;
• Oversee and consult in consumer research, allstate.com content/application development, collateral and media to ensure work is developed on strategy and implemented on time;
• Manage outside marketing agency partners (Ad Agency);
• Stay ahead of Multicultural consumer trends and insights and apply knowledge to current programs and new opportunities;
• Analyze and report monthly and quarterly business results;
• Coordinate and lead monthly cross-functional Multicultural business meetings and monthly Regional Marketing meeting;
• Serve as a Diversity liaison to other areas of Allstate that collaborate on Multicultural and Diversity initiatives.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of related business experience in Multicultural Marketing and demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility. A bachelors degree is required, but an MBA is preferred.
Go to Target Market News homepage
Wells Fargo names Yvette Hollingsworth chief compliance officer
Black TV Ratings for Week of May 21 - 27 NBA Playoffs keep ABC the week's No.1 network with Black households
Arsenio Hall looking at return to late-night lineup next year
Funeral services announced for Barbara Graves, matriarch of Black Enterprise family
Nielsen names Crystal Barnes vice president of industry relations
Muse agency criticizes ad industry on diversity in spot during 'The Pitch'
Barbara Graves, wife of Black Enterprise founder Earl Graves Sr., dies
Hazel Trice Edney elected president of Capital Press Club
Afro-Brazilian.com marks first year of targeting Black consumers with promotions
Black Cable TV Ratings for Week of May 14 - 20 Audiences way down for NBA Playoffs' second round without Chicago Bulls
Click here for more recent news stories and our news archive
Return to top of page
TARGET MARKET NEWS
228 S. Wabash Ave.
Chicago, Il 60604
Copyright (c) 2012 All rights reserved
email@example.com Supplier Services